PEZA Registered Entities: Tax Compliance
Registration with Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) is a special privilege to some PEZA-registered activities. As such it is highly regulated and monitored to ensure their compliance with the technical tax rules imposed by existing laws, rules, and regulations as provided in their respective Registration Agreements. Should they fail to comply with what is owing upon them, then, the government could cancel their PEZA registration along with their tax holiday or 5% special income tax privilege, or be imposed penalties to such waste of resources.
Having this in mind, this seminar is conceptualized to explore the basic requirements and technicalities of existing tax rules and regulations for PEZA registered enterprises. Learn the ins and outs of PEZA registered returns, reports, and computations and avoid, if not eliminate unnecessary exposures. Educate for your business advantage.
- Learn the nature and basic concepts of the Philippine PEZA Ecozone system;
- Learn types of PEZA registrable entities and related fiscal and non-fiscal incentives;
- Learn the applicable reports and requirements of the PEZA (monthly, quarterly, and annual) along with related penalties for violations;
- Learn the technical coverage of the Income tax holiday (ITH) and 5% special gross income tax;
- Learn how withholding tax of local and international buyers applies to PEZA registered entities;
- Learn how withholding tax applies to PEZA registered entities on its local and international payments;
- Learn how the technical remedies on input VAT of PEZA registered entities along with the special requirements and rules for input VAT;
- Learn how BIR makes an assessment on VAT, common assessment areas and defences;
- Develop an overview on VAT refund with the BIR and through judicial claims.
Schedule: Seminar workshop runs from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m at Unit 2309 Cityland 10 Tower 1, H.V. Dela Costa St. Cor. Ayala Avenue Makati City. We can also arrange for special group of at least five (5) participants at their own venue.
Package: P3,500 plus VAT per participant – Handouts/Notes and pencils/Illustrations/ BIR VAT returns/Seminar Certificate/ Lunch and snacks – a.m./p.m.. Please bring calculator.
Advocate Tutor: Certified public Accountant (CPA) who has gained much professional experience being in the practice of profession for almost 15 years formerly being with the Tax Division of a law office based in Makati for more than six (6) years as Assistant Tax Manager, and being with a firm as Tax Partner; being with the academe for sometime as a full time College Instructor at Asian Development Foundation College, Tacloban City for 3 years handling taxation and accounting subjects, part-time professor in the College of Accountancy – Polytechnic University of The Philippines, Taguig for about four (4) years handling basic accounting & taxation subjects, as basic accounting teacher at Mapua Institute of Technology – Makati Campus for about 2 years, and a lecturer at some universities in Metro Manila on taxation; and a frequent resource speaker on seminars related to accounting and taxation.
Reservation: At least P1,000 reservation fee to be deposited to BDO Current Account (Please contact us for account details) & balance on seminar day.
Who should attends?
View Other Seminars
Highly recommended for Small & medium business owners, new entrepreneurs, accounting graduates, & interested others.